Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another day...or two..

Hi Everyone,

Well, it seems we have lost our ability to connect to the internet from our apartment. I've been trying for 2 days to connect with no luck. Perhaps you heard my expletives...they were certainly loud enough...haha. We finally found an internet cafe inside the hotel that the lovely Greek couple are staying at (the ones adopting another little girl). Unfortunately, it does not have the capacity to send photos...so I'll keep trying to get you your first glimpse at our precious Emma.

It has turned hot again and the small bit of rain we received today only added to the humidity level. My hair can attest to that...can you say Q-tip head! We're looking forward to Friday when Emma finally officially becomes our daughter. She cried for the first time today. She hit Chris and he made her sit down for a minute and her little feelings were hurt. But don't worry...she got lots of hugs and kisses after her episode. She has started saying a few things in English. She'll repeat what we tell her and she sounds so cute with her accent. She seems to catch on pretty quickly so I have no doubt she will catch up to her peers in no time.

We have been walking alot and taking in the limited sights. We've also been trying to find some more clothes for Emma since we may have to wait for an additional 10 days to get the passport. We saw an old, army green van ...circa 1952is and it was an ambulance. We thought...uh oh...hopefully we won't need that! It is so interesting to see all of the different things and experience all this city has to offer. Lucas still insists that he is going to "clean up" his country and he has begun to refer to everything in Ukraine as "his". We were looking out the balcony in our apt and he said "you know what? My trees are old!"...referring to the large trees that tower over our 4th floor apt. He is just so darn cute!!

Well, I'd better end this as I'm running out of time. I will do you all to head this warning...if any of you talk about food again...I'll come through your computer and throttle you!!! haha. I can't wait to eat for pleasure again...and not just for sustinence. Although...it was pretty pleasurable eating my perogies again tonight...yum!

I may not be able to post every day but I'll let you know how court goes.

Love to you all,
L,C,L &E

8 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Oh how sweet to hear her little accent in my imagination! I am so looking forward to teaching English to our little ones.
Did you guys learn any Russian before you went?
We are working on it ouselves.

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting Friday. I remember Lucas' "gottcha" day like it was yesterday! All of the folks from Pine Prairie West and Pine Prairie East are going to have to get together to fatten you up when you return. How about some of Arlene's soggy salad and Andrea's sour cream and butter mashed potatoes?
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi L,C,L&E,

I am Jenny Thompson, a friend of Carol Crowther. She posted a comment on your previous entry. My husband and I returned home in June from adopting a 3 year old boy from Nicopol, Ukraine. We ran into Carol at the Yakor Hotel, near the beach in Nicopol. She is such a lovely person and was so helpful to us. I would highly recommend that you contact her.

I am eager to find out if Emma is in the same orphange as our son, Jordan. If she is at the same one, there is an internet cafe' very close by. We went to the Elite (hotel) a few times for internet access, but found the other one much better. It is across the main street from the theatre, back behind some buildings. I have a picture of it I would email to you if you are interested.

You can contact me at clarkandjenny@gmail.com. By the way, the food at the Yakor is really good and they have an English menu. Carol can tell you exactly where it is and would also introduce you to the Monte Cristo, which is a WONDERFUL place to eat.

You can read about our adoption at ourjordanadventure.com. If I can help you anyway, please feel free to contact me. I know the days can get really long in Nicopol.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Well I guess the very first time out had to happen eventually ... Glad everyone recovered quite well, and also glad that you guys are able to do some real parenting. I remember being under the eagle eyes of the caregivers constantly ... remember those pics of Ana eating dirt from the sidewalk, and us helpless to do a dang thing about it?!

Wish I could pop some good stuff in a package and get it to you in time. But the very good news is that I wouldn't have enough time to get it to you. That's how soon you will be coming home!!!

Anonymous said...

BUSH'S

ALL OF US AT LA PETITE ARE SOOO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. YOU CAN TELL LUCAS THAT MS. TABATHA AND MS. MARTHA ARE VERY EXCITED TO MEET HIS NEW SISTER. WE'VE ALL BEEN KEEPING UP WITH YOUR BLESSED ADVENTURE.

MISS YOU
MS. ANNETTE

Anonymous said...

Well I glad to hear that you are not bored in your small space. Hopefully the email connection gets easier. Tomorrow is Friday, I will say alittle prayer that all the paperwork goes easy. You officially have a daughter!!! Wait till she has her first mood swing...and you'll wish that a time out worked. Take care. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Hello Guys! Well it is officially Friday in Ukraine and I'm sure you are counting the minutes until your court appearance. I can't wait to hear the details. Best of luck today and I hope everything goes off without a hitch! Miss you. Steph

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seing pictures of Emma.
LJ