Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summertime is here












Well...it's been awhile...sorry!

We had a wonderful Mother's day weekend and the kids were so excited to give me their handmade cards. Lucas also made me a popsicle stick note holder which is proudly displayed on my desk at work. Emma kept giving me hugs saying "Happy Mother's day Mama". It was very sweet!!

We finally made it into the pool this weekend. Well actually...the kids made it in...it was much too cold for me. They had a blast splashing around and jumping off the side. They are wearing their floaties for now until they get back in the swing of swimming...and I can be in the water with them.

We are sending them to a 3day/2night YMCA summer camp in June. When we asked them if they wanted to go they were so excited. I don't think I've ever seen such happy faces!! Lucas even said "You and daddy can have a party while we're gone"...hmmmm....indeed!

Well, I've posted some of the swimming pictures and another singing video from tonight's semi-final American Idol. Enjoy!

Lisa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucas and Emma: you both get a score
of '10.'

Great Singing. Love

Great Aunt Theresa

Dave Baldacchino said...

Hi Bush Family,

My apologies for the intrusion. I came across your blog through the "Ukranian Angels" website.

My name is David Baldacchino and my wife Lori and I are researching our adoption options. I thought that you pretty much had to go through an agency to adopt, but it seems there are other ways! We live in Missouri City, at the edge of Sugarland, TX. I was wondering if you would mind us asking you some questions about adopting from Ukraine, which is the country we are really interested in. We would understand if you would prefer not to, but I thought I'd ask :)

I cannot find your email out here, so I'll let you know mine:

d "dot" baldacchino "at" sbcglobal "dot" net

I look forward to hearing from you. I have to admit that I have not read your blog yet, but I plan to do so in the next day or so! Thanks in advance.

Dave Baldacchino said...

Ok, I finished reading the entire blog. Couldn't go to bed last night lol! And it was hard to get working this morning. Anyway, THANKS for sharing details of this experience. As you said very well, it could be an experience that tears you down, but attitude is the only thing we can control, so might as well make the best of it.

You have a wonderful family and I wish "Lukie" and Emma "Yana" (and of course both of you!) all the best. I'm getting very excited myself and can't wait to have my wife read through all of this. It's better than any novel I might have read! Take care.

PS: The pool is cold in mid May?? Our little pool is already at 90F and we need to figure out how to cool it!

Leslie said...

Is it just me or have those two grown??? I heard they tend to do that when you feed them.
:)

Anonymous said...

Bush family,

I actually found your blog through the Ukrainian Angels website as well and like Dave from the above post I would love to pick your brain and ask you some questions. I live in League City. My wife & I have both been to L'viv in the past couple years and are beginning to pursue adoption. My email is chadclarkson@comcast.net. I'd love to start a conversation with you if you'd be willing. Thank you for the consideration.

Chad Clarkson

Dave Baldacchino said...

Hi Chad, good luck! We just got started with paperwork. We chose a social worker already for the homestudy (thanks Lisa for the referral! I have Nancy's new email now and I'll send it to you).