Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fall 2008

Lucas took this shot



Lucas and Lawton


Halloween



Emma and Maya



Our little soccer player



Lucas's birthday


Well, this fall has been extremely busy! I only have time for a brief synopsis...
We survived hurricane Ike...with only minimal debris and no power for 11 days...but it could have been so much worse.
Lucas celebrated his birthday (6) at the Teddy Bear Stuffin Shack. All of his friends came and they all had a blast making stuffed animals and playing games.
Haloween brought lots of candy and more fun memories of our two little trick-or-treaters who are growing up so fast.
Soccer season started in October and both kids had so much fun. Lucas surprised us by scoring 6 or 7 goals his first game (though most of the time it had to do with being in the right place at the right time rather than skill). He got to play with his best friend Lawton which was a thrill for him. Emma...oh Emma...perhaps soccer isn't her forte. She tried hard, and had a lot of fun...but let's just say she's not going to be bending it like Beckam any time soon. Both kids were blessed with fantastic (and incredibly patient) coaches. Chris even subbed one weekend for one of Emma's games...that was hysterical.
We had parent/teacher meetings for both of the kids and they are doing great in school. Emma is reading very well and just needs to keep working on her writing. Her fine motor skills are still lagging...but considering she had never picked up a pencil or even knew which hand she wrote with 15 months ago...I'd say she's doing remarkably well. Lucas is an eager beaver and his teacher is impressed with his enthusiasm. He also has a great mind for math and he begs us for "homework" of addition and subtraction questions. I've said it before, and I'll say it again..that kid is from Mars!
Thanksgiving was wonderfully relaxing, just the four of us. It's so nice when we all get to spend time together. We took the kids to Lake Houston State Park yesterday and enjoyed a picnic and a walk through the woods. Some people were riding horses and they came over to let the kids pet the horses...a thrill. The only thing that I don't like about that particular park is the dozens of signs stating "venomous snakes live in these woods". OK...like I need a sign to remind me of the obvious...since I am petrified of snakes, I am ALWAYS aware of their existence...I live in Texas afterall...I just don't need visual reminders every hundred feet or so...haha.
Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy the pictures.
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your whole blog and I have to admit I can't wait for more!
My husband and I are just starting the adoption process. It's so scary I must admit.
My son is almost 4 and we have been dealing with infertility on my part for over 3 years. It is stories like yours that give us hope this can happen!

Lisa, Chris & Lucas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa, Chris & Lucas said...

Mary,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our story. I admit, I too reread it all not too long ago and I felt the emotions all over again. It was an amazing experience. We feel so blessed with our children and we can't imagine life without them. It truly can happen...hope is a wonderful thing.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. lisaebush@aol.com

Lisa