Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2nd post today (don't forget to read prior post)

I thought I'd take advantage of having a good internet connection to post twice (one from yesterday and one for today)

We are getting a little tired of the heat (40C in the shade) and with not AC...we're drenched. I can't believe I'm actually hoping for rain!! We visited Emma this morning and Lucas shared his markers and writing pad with her. It was cute to see them "share". We only spent about an hour because of the heat. We're back in the apartment doing some much needed laundry. There is a small front loading washing machine in the kitchen and it seems to be doing a pretty good job. The apartment has a small balcony where we can hang our clothes to dry. They dry pretty quickly in this heat.

Many of you are asking about Emma's size. It's hard to tell because the sizes are different here but she would probably fit into the same size Lucas wears. He wears 4T boys but I'm not sure if 4T girls is the same as boy sizes. I'll leave that up to your discretion. We bought her size 30 flipflops and they fit her nicely. I don't know the conversion but you can look online for conversion charts to see what size that would be in the US (that's what I did when we brought Lucas home).

Luba asked her what kind of toys she likes but she was too shy to answer...or it was a question too beyond her wildest imagination to answer so I imagine she will like anything. I specifically asked if she likes dolls and she said "da". Sooo that's all the direction I can give for now.

Well, I need to go hang out some laundry and then sit in front of the fan and cool off.

Love to you all.
L,C,L & E

PS: I've tried posting some pictures of our time in Kyiv but I keep losing the connection. I'll keep trying in the days to come. If I don't update daily, it's not for lack of trying...I MISS high speed internet!

11 comments:

Melissa E. said...

The more blogs of adopters I read, the more I am hoping to convince my DH to spring for satellite internet for our time there! I look forward to seeing pictures of her but I understand your hesitancy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

Well you love warm weather ...what's the problemo ??? Just kidding. Well Emma sounds wonderful and what a comfort for her that you bought Lucas with you. It will make the trip to America a little less scary. I know she is so excited and looking forward to her new life in America. I am looking forward to meeting her.

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I feel for you guys! Think snowstorms, and ice cubes, and popsicles ... and jump into that cold shower and ENJOY it.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Okay ... looked this up and Dnip should receive rain on Thursday.

So down from a high of 90 on Wednesday, to a high of 77 on Thursday and a high of 70 on Friday!

Cooler times are on the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I finally had an opportunity to catch up with your adventures (I also went through an entire box of hospital issued tissues *Ouch*) and I couldn’t be more happy for you and your family. Emma sounds like the perfect fit for the Bush family (hopefully she was blessed a sense of direction).

Lawton keeps asking me “When is Lucas and his sister coming home, can they come over and play when they get back from their fieldtrip?”

Please remember that you and your family are in my prayers.

P.S. I heard TJC called, they said something about waiting for you to get back before we get surveyed?! *Something to look forward to when you get back. Hee, hee, hee....

:o) Kimberly

Leslie said...

Yuck! I'm sorry the heat is so bad! Thanks for keeping us posted on your everyday doings. Its not mundane at all it gives the rest of us clearer expectations. We'll continue to pray for bonding for the four of you!

Anonymous said...

You are doing an excellent job of describing your adventures! There must be a writer in you! That part of the Ukraine can be sweltering this time of year. Great excuse to go swimming! Can you take Yana off the orphanage premises at all? You know, like for sight seeing, etc.! I know you managed to take her clothes shopping. I bet she must have been totally blown away with her new goodies!!! It has to be a great feeling to see the look in her eyes!!! Bless you both!!!
Bob

Anonymous said...

HI Lisa,

I am so sorry Angela thinks you bought Lucas in the Ukraine...

On the other hand, I am so excited for you guys!!! can't wait to see her!!
love,
a

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I was in the process of writing an email comparing the weather in Ukraine to the weather in Houston when I received a classic email from our good (blonde) friend Angela! I think you would much rather read the email she sent me (about the comment she recently posted on here) than make small talk about the heat. Here it is:

"Angelle came down here and wanted me to show her how to write on Lisa's blog and she also wanted to show me that instead of saying "brought Lucas to the UKraine" I said she bought him...now how stupid am I ????
Angelle was laughing her head off. I hope the Ukrainian government
thinks I'm that funny.........lol"

I hope this makes your day! With Nancy not as computer-accessible and with you out of the states, I sure miss our witty, make-fun-of-Angela emails!!! Miss you! Stephanie

T. Montesantos said...

Great to hear the news on choosing
your daughter. Can't wait for
pictures. God Bless you all
and have a little fun on your
journey.

Aunt Theresa

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like the Bush clan has finally grown by one, Our hopes and prayers are with you.
Juan & Margarita
PS try and take pics at a lower pixels, easier to upload.