Thursday, July 26, 2007

Relaxing day

Hello everyone.  We are LOVING the comments!  Keep them coming.  

We are leaving tonight at 1am to drive to Nikopol.  Well, we're not actually doing the driving...we have a driver to do that.  I wouldn't dare attempt driving here.  It is so crazy!  We thought the parking on the sidewalks last time was bizarre, but here in Kyiv...they actually drive down the sidewalks.  Heaven forbid you are walking on one when a car is coming.  It seems that the drivers have the right-of -way and pedestrians are just moving targets..haha.  Not that we've actually seen anyone get run over but we sure do hear alot of honking.

Anyway, we just spent a lazy day in the apartment.  It is a little chilly (no snickers from you Canadians eh!)  so we just ate and took naps and read.  It was a nice break from all the walking.  Lucas set up his "office" in the living room and spent the afternoon seeing clients or something.  I spent the time reading the latest Harry Potter (which I picked up at the airport in Houson).  Chris and Lucas did go for a short walk to the park while I took a nap.  They ran into another family that I have been in contact with, who had their appointment the same day as us.  It is so weired that he would run into fellow adopters in a city this large.  

We decided to make one last trip to the internet cafe since we didn't know when we would get another chance.  We stopped at McDonalds (Old McDonalds as Lucas calls it) and ate dinner.  So all that is left to do is pack up our stuff and head out at 1 am.  We should be able to meet the little girl sometime tomorrow morning.  We're very excited to get this show on the road!  

We'll update as soon as we can.

Lisa, Chris & Lucas


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The DRG Team told me to tell you & your family hello.
LJ

Anonymous said...

Where is Nikopol? How far from Kyiv?
Bob

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Chris and Lucas,
I am so happy for you all. It is truly an amazing journey isn't it?
I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow. I know you will find the child meant for you.
Much love,
Sue Balch

Anonymous said...

Well, it's almost 1 am in Houston/9 am in Kiev so I'm sure you've met her by now. I'm dying to know if she's your Emma. Hurry to an internet cafe...the suspense is killing me. Oh, Nancy says the pups are good (minus the frequent urination on the floor!!!). Steph

Anonymous said...

We finally got ourselves up-to-date on your trip. Mycraine (I loved that) sounds beautiful! We love reading your stories. We can't wait to hear if you have found your Emma. Mary and Mike

The Gregory Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys... Can't wait to hear how things went at the orphanage and meeting the child.

Mike

Anonymous said...

It's 12 minutes past noon on Friday, and I am NOT at lunch. Wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. Wishing you a successful and safe trip.
Rick Pozda

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa.....just catching up on your journey so far. Amazing.
I know you may be out of touch for awhile. Hope the trip to Nikopol went well. Best to your family.
Mark

PS: The TTT misses you (Tactical Tracer Trio).

Mark LaRocco said...

Who the heck is that "anonymous" guy? Now I'm a real blogger.
Bud zdorov!
M.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to read about your journey in adopting Emma.
Love ya,
LJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. You would not believe everyone at work. I am not even in the door and they are asking me all kinds of questions. Even all the way from Idaho they are asking. Everyone loves to hear about your journey. I am so glad Lucas is having a great time with the views. I hope he understands that once he picks his sister and they have there first little tiff that she can not go back. Ha Ha I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Take your time. Emma is their and mom will help you find her just like she did with Lucas. I am so happy for you little brother. How warm is it their? How different from here? Dad says hi. Love you all Tracey