Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Life...

Playing at the mall

The Texas Renaissance Festival


Texa Renaissance Festival

Carving pumpkins

Grandma's last night.


I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few weeks. Life is busy, busy, busy! I started back to work last week so we are getting our routine down. Emma continues to flourish in every aspect of her new life. I'm actually quite surprised that we have had no issues to speak of during our transition as a family of 4. Emma is doing great in school and looks forward to going every day. We have our first parent teacher conference this week and we are looking forward to hearing what her teacher has to say. Her English comprehension continues to improve dramatically daily and it is so great to see her having conversations with Lucas and others. She still has quite a way to go but she'll get there before we know it. Last night during dinner Chris asked Emma if she wanted seconds and she put her hand up and emphatically said "No!". This is something she does often so Chris decided to have a little fun with her. He said "Mama, what do you think...if Emma says no one more time...she gets more peas." Well, it didn't take half a second for her to say "nah ah". It was hysterical that she was able to immediately understand what he was saying and replace "no" with something else....therefore avoiding the dreaded peas. He did the same with Lucas relating to talking with food in his mouth, to which he immediately put his hand over his mouth and tried really hard not to talk. Of course, being the kind parents that we are, we attempted to make them slip up...which was great fun! They both did end up with some more peas by the end of the meal but were eaten with great delight...and a lot of laughter. These are the great moments we will remember forever.

Lucas and Emma continue to grow closer and they have actually developed their own language. I hear them talking to one another in gibberish...answering each other as if they understand what the other is saying. It is so fun to watch them play, especially when they don't know I'm watching. I get to witness some great examples of imagination and ingenuity which sometimes astounds me. My greatest thrill comes when I hear them say "I'm sorry" or "thank you" to each other when they don't know I can hear them. We sure have two great kids! They do continue to have some "differences of opinions" on occasion. Lucas sometimes gets that devlish grin that brothers exibit when tormenting their sister. She will whine "Lukie...that's my doll...don't touch"...and that grin appears as he "touches" for just a little longer. It's actually quite funny because he seems to get such enjoyment out of it.

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to update with more pictures next week.

Lisa

3 comments:

The Gregory Family said...

Great pics and great story. It sounds like Emma is really flourishing. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Melissa E. said...

Glad to hear such a glowing report! We finally got out date: Dec. 11th, Christmas in Ukraine!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!

I just can not believe your a mommy of two! You are truly blessed and if I had half of your strengh, patience and courage I could move mountains! I had no doubt Emma would adapt, you were born to be a mommy!
I miss you all very much and can not wait for the day I meet Emma. The pictures are wonderful and they confirm that your life is now complete and the way God wants it to be.
Love you all,
Deb Borges xoxoxoxo